We understand that those with preexisting mental health conditions may experience a strong emotional response or exacerbated symptoms during the challenging circumstances caused by the current pandemic. We continue to work to meet the mental health needs of this population and provide additional support for our clients during this time as we make adjustments in order to reduce the spread of infection.
Under the guidance of the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE), Boulder County Public Health (BCPH), and the supervision of our leadership team, some of the areas we have made updates to adapt over the last year:
- Continued heightened procedures for disinfecting our facilities
- Eliminated non-essential in-person services at our outpatient building
- Offered additional off-site mobile services
- Migrated groups, psychiatric, and therapy appointments to telehealth
- Provided alternative activities to reduce social isolation
- Colorado Recovery follows all regulations set forth by CDPHE and BCPH. Staff, clients and visitors are recommended to continue following guidelines to perform hand hygiene, wear a mask at all times and maintain social distancing. Colorado Recovery will change practices in accordance with ongoing changes in CDPHE and BCPH regulations.
- Staff are required to remain home if ill and follow current CDPHE/BCPH regulations.
- Clients are encouraged to stay home if ill and alternate arrangements will be made for their care.
- Staff entering Balsam House property are required to complete COVID-19 screening and follow CDPHE/BCPH regulations.
- All others entering Balsam House property (Clients, visitors) are recommended to complete COVID-19 screening and follow CDPHE/BCPH regulations.
- Administered outpatient medications off-site when possible
- Directed outpatients receiving medications at Balsam House to the back exterior door of the medication room
- Required all entering Balsam House to complete a screening and wash their hards
- Prepared emergency procedures in the event that staff or clients become ill
- Partnered with Genoa Pharmacy to help ensure an uninterrupted supply of medications