Colorado Recovery’s services have been developed from a set of values, pervasive throughout the company, that promote client respect and empowerment, social inclusion, mutual support, and unrelenting optimism about recovery. The values include:
- Treat every client as if he or she were your next of kin, with respect, compassion and optimism.
- Be equally respectful of the client in your dealings with colleagues.
- Respond to the client’s family with the same compassion and respect.
- Recognize that our clients share with us all a need for a sense of community, meaning in life and self-respect.
- Recognize that severely ill clients can attain benefits equal to those with less severe illness.
- Maintain a residential treatment environment that is open-door, non-institutional, non-coercive, pleasant and inviting.
- Involve psychiatrists closely in the clinical direction of the treatment program.
- Recognize that client empowerment is important to recovery.
- Involve clients closely in developing the rehabilitation programs and keep these client-driven services separate from treatment services in order to preserve the benefits of client leadership and empowerment.