Vocational services at the Treehouse include:
- Weekly member planning sessions and committees
- Internships for members as: Group Activity Leaders, Peer Support Specialists or Administration and Outreach Workers
- Skill-building activities, including cooking lessons
- Job support from peers and the vocational specialist
- Community internships and volunteer and paid job placements
Volunteer work opportunities include the twice-weekly Farmer’s Market, Emergency Family Assistance Association (EFAA), Humane Society, Boulder Community Gardens and other locations.
Social components include:
- Weekly hikes, game and movie nights, talent shows, and other activities
- Community and relationship building
- Opportunities for teamwork and conflict resolution
We also participate in events and community service in the wider Colorado community, such as the fundraiser walk for the Colorado National Alliance on Mental Illness.
Colorado Recovery is within walking distance to unique downtown Boulder, shops, cafes, art galleries, medical facilities, parks, hiking trails, recreational center, places of worship and community garden. Colorado Recovery’s approach to treatment is about nurturing an environment of inclusivity, socialization, and community building. Clients are encouraged to partake in activities out in the community and within our own community as well.