Colorado Recovery’s residential treatment for mental illness services have been developed from a set of values, pervasive throughout the company, that promote client respect and empowerment, social inclusion, mutual support, and unrelenting optimism about recovery. The values include:
- Treat every client as if he or she were your next of kin, with respect, compassion and optimism.
- Be equally respectful of the client in your dealings with colleagues.
- Respond to the client’s family with the same compassion and respect.
- Recognize that our clients share with us all a need for a sense of community, meaning in life and self-respect.
- Recognize that severely ill clients can attain benefits equal to those with less severe illness.
- Maintain a residential treatment environment that is open-door, non-institutional, non-coercive, pleasant and inviting.
- Involve psychiatrists closely in the clinical direction of the treatment program.
- Recognize that client empowerment is important to recovery.
- Involve clients closely in developing the rehabilitation programs and keep these client-driven services separate from treatment services in order to preserve the benefits of client leadership and empowerment.
Our Workplace Values
To support the pursuit of our service values we have become an employee-owned business. No commercial owner can push us to change our practice values in pursuit of greater financial profit.
- We take joy in helping to restore people to their full potential and their place in their families and society.
- We take ownership of our clinical service values including the promotion of humanity, compassion and family inclusion in the care of our clients.
- We prize the fact that we provide some of the best psychiatric services for the seriously mentally ill in North America and recognize that the company must be profitable to make this possible.
- We recognize that psychiatric care goes beyond the use of effective medications and requires sustained involvement in every aspect of the client’s social environment.
- As employee co-owners we participate in decision-making on a one-person, one-vote basis.
- Each of us engages in creating our company’s success and in developing the vision for the company’s future direction.
- We practice respectful, honest communication with authentic relationships, transparent management, open books and open meetings.
- In our dealings with one another, we value collaborative teamwork, patience, integrity, active listening skills, non-defensiveness and the appreciation of good work.
- We hold ourselves and each other accountable for maintaining the excellence of our services and our own and other stakeholder’s safety.
- We strive for continuous, innovative quality and efficiency improvements through the provision of ongoing learning opportunities.